Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Our Modest Baby


Yesterday we had the anatomy scan at the hospital. Dan and I have decided to keep the baby's gender a surprise until delivery (it is one of life's few real surprises), so we don't have any dirty details to share, but I thought I'd share the lastest pictures.



S/he wasn't fully cooperative, so I have to go back next week for another scan to get good pictures of his/her heart. Nothing is wrong (I got to hear the heartbeat again this week and the doctor said it sounded great), but my doc said they are very particular about the angles of the pictures at NY Presbyterian. We tried to get the baby to move around with some sugary juice and minty mentos, but nothing worked -- s/he would not be roused. That must be Dan's genes at play, because we all know that I can't sit still for even a moment.



I'm not really complaining though, because I always like the chance to get an inside view of how the baby is doing. I'm starting to show now (though the general public just thinks I'm chubby) and it's amazing how much the baby is growing. We got to feel a couple of good kicks on the night of my birthday after everyone had left, and that was pretty exciting for both of us. It's also pretty unbelievable that we've crossed the half-way mark. And Dan even acknowledged that I've been a pretty easy pregnant wife to deal with. Lucky him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home