Tuesday, May 01, 2007

April Showers

We returned late Sunday night from a lovely weekend visit to O'Canada, where many of Betty's friends from Hamilton Meeting, as well as family members gathered to have a wedding/baby shower for Dan, Tim, Lucie and I. We got a lovely Graco Pack 'n Play, as well as two handmade blankets, receiving blankets and some gender-neutral baby clothes.

Despite our late return on Sunday night, I was back at NY Presbyterian on Monday morning for my follow-up ultrasound. Baby was super cooperative, so it only took a few minutes for the tech to get the heart pictures we had missed last week. She said everything looked good and that Baby was very cute. (Of course Baby is cute!) Dan had "warned" me several times to make sure I told her we didn't want to find out the gender -- I think he thought I might get sneaky on him and find out for myself, but I resisted.

Of course, you're really here for the pictures, so without further ado:


Here's one with Baby scratching his/her head (there must be a lot to think about in there):


The bump seems to be growing everyday, which I suppose is a good sign, though I wake up each morning shocked by it. I think I'm only a few weeks away from strangers thinking I'm pregnant rather than just fat. Maybe I'll even be able to score a seat on the subway once that happens.

2 Comments:

Blogger grandma 2b said...

Of course the baby is cute :)
grandma 2 b

7:27 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Aww I think ultrasounds are soo adorable! Hard to resist the curiosity about sex of the baby isn't it? Please say it is so I don't feel like the most impatient person in the world. I couldn't do it with my first child and doubt I'll EVER be able to let such a thing be a surprise. lol At least tell me that sometimes you WANT to know! hehe

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home