Monday, June 11, 2007

The Crib and Nursery

Dan and I haven't had any terribly strong feelings about the crib for our nursery, aside from wanting something white, stable, and with a drop-side. I saw a Bassett Crib on Target.com that seemed great, until I realized that the cost of taxes/delivery made a ~$300 crib a nearly $450 crib!

I asked my mom and dad if they wouldn't mind visiting the Babies 'R Us near them to see if they had anything suitable, and my mom called from the store to report that they had this Babi Italia crib that fit all our requirements. And that it would fit in their car!

They brought it up to New York City yesterday, so now that's one thing we can cross off our to-do list (well, it's still got to be put together) and they were kind enough to have given it to us as an early baby shower gift, making it doubly exciting :)

My mom and I also picked out colors for the other furniture pieces and walls of the Babyzone. My mom is refinishing a dresser from her childhood furniture set for us and Dan's mom is going to be fixing up the rocking chair that she used when Dan was a baby. We decided that Benjamin Moore's "Shades of Spring" (green) would be a great color for the two pieces of furniture and we're going to use "Hawthorne Yellow" for the walls. It feels so good to have made some choices :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home